NYSRPA v. NYC Title 38
NYSRPA has filed suit against New York City challenging the constitutionality of Title 38 of the Rules of the City of New York.
- Initial legal filing (pdf.)
- April 1, 2013 Press Release
- June 10, 2013 Update: A Motion for Preliminary Injunction has been filed. The City has until June 11 to reply. Plaintiffs have until June 22 to respond.
- September 27, 2013 Update: The Motion for Preliminary Injunction has been stayed pending the outcome of the NRA-backed case of Osterweil v. Bartlett in New York's Court of Appeals.
- June 17, 2014 Update: We expect the court to issue a ruling on a Motion for Summary Judgement sometime in mid-July.
- July 16, 2014 Update: Latest court filings by NYSRPA.
- November 7, 2014 Update: NRA-ILA report, "Challenge to New York City Gun Regulations Emerges from Limbo."
- February 6, 2015 Update: We lost at the trail court level. Here is a copy of the decision. Our legal team is reviewing the decision and considering the options.